Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Morning, thank you. I have a door problrm in that door is

Customer Question

Morning, thank you. I have a door problrm in that door is flashing on panel but the door lock light will not come on however the door is firmly closed.
JA: What's the brand and model number of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: aquarius wmf540p
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: the word door is flashing on the panel and it makes a few clicking noises first when i first press start then door flashes up it does not highlight door lock light just a split second cycle does not start and it beeps every few seconds with door flashing
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: no problems with machine prior i have no idea what to do so googled it
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: dont think so thank you
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

When you try and start a cycle and it flashes the door light is the door actually locking so you cannot open it?

Also if you leave it turrned on when you try and start it do you get an error code flash up F??

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when i turn machine on it makes a few clicks that sounds like the door lock is trying to engage but doesnt then the word door flashes on the panel the red light door lock indicator does not engage and no cycle can be started. the machine then bleeps every few seconds whilst door flashes warning. there are no other error codes.

Ok if the door trys to locks and then displays the sign then it can actually be a few things casuing this.

The most common is the carbon brushes in the motor. Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold it for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor, There either side are the carbon brushes. Take the out and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then you need to replace them and thn retry it and hopefully that will cure the fault.

But if the brushes are fine then you need to remove the door lock and and check the wiring block. See if theres signs of burning on there. If so then the lock needs to be replaced and the wiring repaired. If the wires are fine then you need to test the lock with a multimeter.

You will see 3 tags, Test between all 3 and you should get a readding between 2 of them. If you dont then you need to replace the door lock.

But if after all the above thats all ok then im afraid you are left with a control board here im afraid.

Let me know what you find.