George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

Our dishwasher is about 5 years old and have had no

Customer Question

Our dishwasher is about 5 years old and have had no problems. Now it runs for approx 10 minutes then stops. The tap light comes on and E15 flashes up . I am unable to switch off . There is also the sound of the pump still working. Have switched off for 24 hours and switched on again but no result. What do you think I should do? Thank you .
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Siemens EcoSense
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Only if it an easy job. My husband is away. Do you think I should ring engineers.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No but if I can do it myself it would probably save me a lot of money.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 1 month ago.

This is caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance... Either a leak or an overflow has occurred and this has triggered the Anti-Flood System.
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the power socket.
Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to expel any waters from the base.
If the problem happens again thereafter then you'll need to remove the right-hand side panel to investigate for leaks.
If there is no water to be found in the base, check the switch at the top of the Anti-Flood System's float.

Please let me know if you still have problems.. otherwise, please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided (5 stars is best) at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.