Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

I Have a Candy Freezer bought in 2007 model CFU130/1 bought

Customer Question

I Have a Candy Freezer bought in 2007 model CFU130/1 bought in France. It switches on but is not cooling down in fact it is heating up and all lights are on?
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: Make Candy Integrated freezer Model CFU130/i. Settings have not been touched
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, I am not present at the apartment.. If it is simple I can ask someone in family otherwise an engineer?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you think it just heated up because it is hot in summer
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

If you put your hand on the compressor at the back (motor) is it hot or just warm?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not near the freezer at present. The machine has been switched off few days back so I cannot tell now but initially I believe there was heat generally around the freezer but without putting any hand on the compressor. This was because it was very hot in the apartment as the place had been locked up on account of no one being there.Also I gather there was smell coming from the freezer but that just could be because the freezer was not cooling so it smelt but I do not think there was any burning smell?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

OK - when you are able to get next to the unit give me a call and we can do some fault finding together.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Actually I will not be going to the apartment now till next year cause its in France and I am in London, but my daughter is going week after next, she will be there from 5th September onwards but before that I can get get my agent to do whatever fact finding you want if you let me know what to look for?At this stage I just want to ascertain whether it can be repaired cause it was an expensive machine and equally expensive to replace. Could it be the compressor or do these freezers have gas that can just be topped up? Don't know. Thanks.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

I hope your daughter is handly with a screwdriver as to carry out most of the tests she will need to remove the appliance from its enclosure.

Tests are as follows --

a. On switch on can the compressor be heard running?

b. If not if fast freeze (super freeze) is selected do you now hear the compressor running?

c. If you cannot hear the compressor running do you hear a 'click' every so often?

d. If the compressor is running, after ten minutes of operation open the door and can you hear a hissing inside the appliance

e. Place you hand on the compressor after 30 minutes - is it hot or cold to the touch?

Once you have the answer to these questions come back to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Got it thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 month ago.

How are we doing?