Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My hot point Aquarius shows two flashing lights. The on/off

Customer Question

My hot point Aquarius shows two flashing lights . The on/off light and the one which shows mini load.
During this time the machine sounds as if it is draining. I have tried it on fast spin and on a full wash cycle.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Or do you want the serial number?

If you have just the mini load and on/off light flashing then this is error code F01 which is a motor trica fault.

Im afraid for this error code its only ever the main control board thats failed.

If you remove he back cover on the washer you will see the main control board in the bottom left corner.

You need to have the control board replaced and programmed up.

As im afraid for this it isnt a diy fix as the boards are sold blank and have to be programmed up with the Hotpoint laptop.

Now this isnt a cheap fix as though Hotpoint you are looking at about the £170 all in through there insurance policy. Through a local repair engineer its not worth it im afraid.

Sorry its not good news but for the error code you have this is a control board fault im afraid.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.