Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My diplomat adp8332 dishwasher is showing no signs of life.

Customer Question

My diplomat adp8332 dishwasher is showing no signs of life. No power light
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Adp8332. Can't run anything. Completely dead
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I've checked the fuse. Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there a reset switch?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

If theres no lights comming on the control panel and you have checked the power supply and fuse and they are fine then its possibley a broken door wire.

You need to remove the outer wooden door panel and from there then remove the outer metal door panel.

There you will see the wiring running down the door into the plastic holder.

You need to check the wires in there, Give each wire a tug one at a time and see if any are broken.

Check the thicker blue wires as its usually one of then that snapps as the wiring bends round the door to the underside.

Check the wiring and see what you find. But if the wiring is fine then it will be the control board at fault causing this. But check the wiring in the door loom first as most of the time for this kind of fault were theres no power its a broken blue wire in the loom.

Let me know what you find.

I see the question is still open. Is there anything else you need to know on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top and then it will close the question.

Many thanks