Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have an indesit iwme12 integrated washing machine. A

Customer Question

Hi, I have an indesit iwme12 integrated washing machine. A normal wash cycle has completed but the red door lock light is flashing and the door won't open. Have tried turning off and various different cycles but still no luck
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Don't know how old, but I doubt it's more than two years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible, or I will be getting a replacement
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Don't think so
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

Has the washer drained all the water out?

If so then give the door handle a bang and see if this shocks the door into opening.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the water has drained, and have checked the filter which is clear. Have given the door handled a bang and it still will not open. All the washing cycles work but the door won't open once they complete. What else would you advise?

Ok if the water has drained out then the door lock should release. As its not then i think you will find the door handle has snapped. Does it feel loose then it used to?

Try this and see if it will open. Get a piece of string and feed it into the gap at the top of the door and then feed it all the way round the door past the handle till both ends are opposite the handle.

Then pull the string and see if that opens the door.

If the above doesnt work then you need to pull the washer out from under the unit.

Then make sure its unplugged and remove the top.

Then from there look down the front on the right hand side and you will see the door lock there.

Reach down there and feel the lock. Feel on the left hand side of the lock and there you will feel the metal door pin.

You need to push the metal door pin to the left and at the same time pull the door open and it should open from there.

Once its open you can check and replace the door handle from there.

Try the above and see what you find as from the sounds of this its looking like the door handle has snapped.

I see the question is still open. Is there anything else you need to know on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer by clicking the star ratings at the top and then it will close the question.

Many thanks