Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

I have an indesit iwc6105 washing machine...when I set a

Customer Question

Hi...I have an indesit iwc6105 washing machine...when I set a program and load it up...the red flashing door lock light comes on and then it won't start ...any ideas
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Indesit iwc6105....6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible yeh
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't open the door either
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

OK on this washing machine its abit of a fiddle - first thing to do is get the back off and take a look at the main power pcb that is usually located at the bottom rear left hand side. Make a careful not (ie mark up the connectors on the casing of the pcb cover and then unplug the board and in good light check to see if any of the tracks have been damaged or capacitors domed. Come back to me with your results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here's a washing machine..not the space shuttle ...but I will give it a go in the morning to see the celts tonight
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Had a look..everything looks fine to me
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Is the door still locked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The door opens no problem
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Everything looks fine until I try and start a wash...the red locking button flashes continuously
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

OK it is going to be one of three things - a faulty pcb but visually you say this looks OK, the cables between the main door interlock (door lock) and the lock itself. Do you have any means of testing the wiring ie a multimeter?