Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi washing machine, zwh6120P which when turned

Customer Question

hi there, I have a zanussi washing machine, zwh6120P which when turned on goes straight to 'end'...
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: its zanussi, zwh 6120 p, 4 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: nope
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
By straight to end I mean, the 'washing' light, lights up as normal, usually the cycle starts but in this case it doesn't and the washing light goes out and the end light comes on, as if the washing cycle has finished. The door cannot be opened.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Hi

Lets see what the error code is stored in there.

Start the washer going then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in till the leds go out then let go.

Now the start light will flash. You need to count the number or red flashes and the number of green and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Daniel, 6 red followed by 6 green...

Thanks for that.

Im sorry but this isnt good news im afraid. The error code you have is E66 which means heater element power relay fault.

Now for this fault its only 1 thing that causes this and thats the control board. To fix this you need to replace the main control board and that will get it sorted from there.

Ive seen this error code a lot and its always down to the main control board im afraid as thats were the power relay fault is anyway.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks Daniel, do you know a very rough estimate for cost of the part? and also for cost if someone installed it?

The part itself is around £120 and then with labour you can add another £60 on top so you are looking at about the £180 mark roughly fitted.

But you can try and give Currys a bell as they do a fixed price repair for about £120. Click here to see the deal

Hi

Is there anything else i can help you with?

If not then please can you remember to rate the answer.

Many thanks