Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Siemens dishwasher FD 8205 fills and then the program

Customer Question

my Siemens dishwasher FD 8205 fills and then the program will not move to the wash cycle. I have cleared all the filters and even had the hose off to the pump, no blockages that I can see
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: I hope you got my last message on my Siemens dishwasher
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I suspect it is a program controller problem. I had the side of the machine off to clear all the pipes so don't think it is blocked
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• If it fills and drains but does not wash, the issue is likely with the wash motor or the capacitor that is on it.
  • Does it hum or buzz after it fills?
  • Does it drain?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It fills and then does not progress to the next part of the program, It hums but does nothing. It never gets to the drain part
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

If it hums then the wash motor is trying to start and probably is seized and in need of replacement. Can you access the motor for verification?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not at my home at the moment back late tonight
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Oh, that will be just fine, thank you. You are seven hours ahead of me, so please forgive my delays in replying.