Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Neff intergrated dishwasher stopped mid cycle with tap sign

Customer Question

Neff intergrated dishwasher stopped mid cycle with tap sign on have emptied water but can't get it to restart have also checked the wheel to check nothing jammed in there
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Hi

When the tap light is lit is the drain pump running all the time?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
it is Daniel

Ok whats happened here is water will have leaked into the base of the dishwasher and this will have activated the flood switch in there which causes the light to come on and the pump to run all the time.

What you need to do on this is pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lie the dishwasher on its back. This will allow the water in the base to drain out. So you will need a towel for that part.

Then stand the dishwasher up right and turn it back on and you will find the light will be off and the pump will have stopped running.

Then retry a wash cycle and see how it goes. Fingers crossed its just an overfill that caused this and it will be fine from there.

But if it happens again the next time you use it then theres somthing under there leaking. For this you need to remove the side panels and heck the hoses and motors under there and see if theres any signs of water leak in there.

Try the above if you can and see how it goes from there. As for this fault it will be water in the base activating the flood switch in there.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Okay will try that now thanks will let you know how I get on

No worries, Im here if you need anymore help on it.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't get the dishwasher out of its casing think I will have to call someone out. I have taken all the screws out and the board at the bottom?

It depends on how the fitters installed it.

If installed correctly then it should be 2 screws holding the dishwasher to the underside of the worktop.

Then lower the feet and then try and remove it.

If you cannot remove it then there is another thing you can try.

Remove the outer wooden door panel and the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then look below the door and see if theres a metal cover there you can remove. Not all models have this. If there is then make sure its unplugged and use a sponge and try and soak the water up from there and see if that clears it.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer then it will close the question down.

Many thanks