Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

AEG Lavamat 64840. Start to make alarms. On inspection there

Customer Question

AEG Lavamat 64840. Start to make alarms. On inspection there was an item of clothing stuck in the door and an error code EFO - anti flooding. Drain pump continues to run even when dial is off. Powered off and removed all clothing. Some water on floor. Powered on and pressed start and adjacent button error code change to EF3. What next?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: AEG Lavamat 64840
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Will do if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The reply on the web site suggested water in the base which can be removed by removing the back panel. Then check for leaks. Is this the correct procedure?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** can you give me the PNC (product code) for your washing machine it will be on the label inside the door frame, its a 9 or 11 number code.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ian, hard sell at the beginning said there was an engineer available on chat to help immediately if I paid some money. Its taken 1 hour to be asked the PNC code.
I'll tell you if I need to in 19 minutes when the machine finishes a wash cycle. I think I've fixed it, if not I'll be in touch.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ian, I have fixed the machine. Bottom tray dried out. Error code reset and wash cycle run. No other leaks.
I am disappointed with the service provided and will be requested a full refund.