Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I was looking to see how I could reset my hotpoint aqualtis

Customer Question

I was looking to see how I could reset my hotpoint aqualtis tumble dryer. the condenser was blocked so wasn't drying. I cleaned it out but though it is drying now, it's blowing cold air and drying too hot
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes. I can't afford t call someone out, I'm a single parent
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so. Just need to know how to reset the thermostat control
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

• I don't think the issue is one that will be corrected with a reset of a thermostat. If it is getting hot, the thermostats are working. I suspect the interior of the machine is plugged with fluff and will need to be cleaned. This will require a complete disassembly of the machine. Are you able to remove the top from the machine to get a preliminary look inside?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will try to do that later on today
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted.