Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just purchased an Electrolux EWF80743 washing machine for

Customer Question

I just purchased an Electrolux EWF80743 washing machine for my boat. I have installed it. When I power the unit up I get the EHO on the display. According to the manual this indicates the "main supply is unstable". My power supply is 220v and 60 hz. This unit is listed as 50 hz, but I found references to 60 hz usage in the Philippines, which has led me to believe the machine will run on 60 hz. Have I missed a step here? Is there something that needs to be done in order to run the unit on 60 hz? A little direction would please. I am replacing an Electrolux EWF85661 that at one time operated on this same line.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The machine you had before was designed to operate on 60 Hz (see link below). This new one is not, it require 50 Hz supply and will not work on the power supply you have now. I see no conversion modifications in the service literature to convert the machine.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You could use an external converter but it would be less expensive to replace the machine.

CLICK HERE