Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have just had a Meile fridge -freezer installed inbuilt.

Customer Question

Hi I have just had a Meile fridge -freezer installed inbuilt. The fridge is working fine when I turned it on after waiting 24 hours after delivery. The freezer LED panel is showing 2 dashes and does not appear to be getting cold after 2 hours of being switched on. Can you help?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Miele is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is brand new - just installed yesterday.
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: The freezer LED is flashing and double dashes on the temperature display
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The unit was installed yesterday. I waited 24 hours and switched the power button on. That's all I've done. I've turned the safety lock off
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if this is normal and do I just have to wait for the freezer temp to drop (a though it still feels warm, The fridge is running at 4 degrees, no problems
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If the freezer display is not turning to a setting (showing dashes only), the main electronic control is likely faulty. I would call for warranty service. If you would like to proceed on your own, please post the model number.