Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I'm having trouble with my hot point washing machine, 4

Customer Question

Hi, I'm having trouble with my hot point washing machine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4 years, it's wdf740
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yeh if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have so far removed the filter, pump and and drainage pipe to check and remove blockages.
I'm still gettin error code F-15...
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

F15 is a fault on the dryer heater.

What you need to do is remove the top of the washer and there at the back you will see the wires going to the dryer heater.

Check the wires on there and see if any have broken. If so then you need to repair the wire.

If the wires are fine then you need to test the dryer heater and see if faulty. If so then you need to replace the dryer heater and that will cure the fault from there.

So check that out as for the F15 error code its either a broken wire to the dryer heater or its the dryer heater itself thats faulty here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks,Can't see any broken wires.When I try out a wash on or a spin or a pump out cycle, it starts for roughly 15 seconds then clicks loudly and then stops flashing the code F-15zWhat part would I have to replace and order to fix the problem?

If the wires are fine then it will be a open circuit dryer heater.

Ive seen this fault a lot on these and its always a dryer heater fault if the wires are fine. For the part click the link below or google the part number which is C00268319

Click here for the dryer heater

I see the question is still open and i havent heard back from you on this.

Do you still need help on this? If so then just get back to me.

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer then that will close the question.

Many thanks