Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

I have a Miele W3033. I have a load of washed beach towels

Customer Question

Hello! I have a Miele W3033. I have a load of washed beach towels in the washing machine, and the setting, Waterproof System Activated has come on. I am unable to reset and complete washing, draining cycle. Please help. Many thanks, Edna
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Miele Touchtronic W3033; HW15-2; Nr40/85719666; bought in 2007
JA: What are all the symptoms of the problem (error codes, flashing lights, etc.)?
Customer: End of wash cycle has stopped; "Start" green light is flashing; buzzer is sounding. A trying to set setting for Drain/Spin, but machine won't allow it. I've turned machine off & on again, but "Waterproof System Activated" is still on.
JA: What happened just before this problem started? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My daughter turned on machine when I was not here, so I am unaware of any problem.
JA: Anything else you want the appliance expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it, thank you.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still waiting for a tech to email/text. Can I expect a response today on Sunday?????
Thank you.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

This means that the appliance has leaked an amount of water into the base. You will need to remove this and the appliance will reset itself - if it reappears then you will have to locate and repair the leak.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your answer. How do you remove the water from the washing machine base?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Yes that is correct. water has accumulated in the base of the appliance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I realize the water has accumulated in the base of the appliance, but HOW DO I GET THE WATER OUT. Please walk me through the steps. Thank you
Expert:  bonzaco replied 2 months ago.

Remove the front kickstrip and place an old towel in under the tub and soak up the water or tip it backwards and catch the water as it comes out of the back with a towel. Power of when you are doing it.