bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

I have a problem with my hoover vision HD 8kg wash machine.

Customer Question

Hi
I have a problem with my hoover vision HD 8kg wash machine. Timer saver light and 1200 spin light flash 8 times, pause, flash 8 times etc.
Any help greatly appreciated, thanks
Toby
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi Toby - could you let me have the eight number product code listed on the rating label inside the door please. - Ian

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Vhd 842/1-80 is mod, other number is ***** hope this helps! Thanks
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

OK Error 8 ~ on the back of the motor is a small coil of wire (Tacho) that measures the speed of the motor and directs the information by electrical signal back to the main pcb. Error 8 indicates that no signal is being received by the pcb. So you need to check the following __

a. Check that the Tacho has not come off the back of the motor. If intact chack that you have some resistance at the connectors on the motor socket

b. Check that the cables between the tacho, through the motor plug actually are intact and that you have continuity back to the main pcb.

c. If both those are OK then you have a faulty pcb or connection to the pcb.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok, do I access the tacho from the top or the back of the machine? And thanks again
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Disconnect appliance for water, drain and electric supply, then lay it on its back and the motor is bolted to the bottom of the drum. Tacho is opposite end to the belt.