Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Have a hotpoint aquarius WMA 32N and I cannot get it to

Customer Question

Have a hotpoint aquarius WMA 32N and I cannot get it to start as when I close the door the door appears to shut normally but the light keeps flashing and the washing machine cycle does not start. Is it a problem with the electronics to the door? is it something else?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WMA 32N
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: which part should I purchase ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 months ago.

When it does this is the door locked so you cannot open it or can you still open the door?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I want an answer to the question which parts should I purchase to get my hotpoint aquarius WMA 32N working again. the problem is the door shuts securely but the door locked light keeps flashing and the cycle wont start. Up till now it has required me to hold or press in the door a bit to initiate the cycle but now it just will not start.

Ok so i am assuming the door isnt locking then?

In that case if you had to push the door in for it to lock ad start before it completey stopped then this will be the door lock itself at fault.

Its a simple fix. All you need to do is make sure its unplugged and then open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the door.

Then you can unlip the door seal.

Then you need to remove the 2 screws holding the door lock on and pull it though the gap in the door.

From there you can swap the wiring block over to the new lock and fit it from there.

The part number for the door lock if you need it is C00085194.

I see the question is still open, Is there anything else i can help you with on this?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks