Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

There is a very strong chemical type smell from the fridge

Customer Question

There is a very strong chemical type smell from the fridge freezer, it has all been cleaned but still there ?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: Tecnik model TKR6810 about 10 yrs old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends what is wrong
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Did this just start happening?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
3 weeks

OK have you done any staining or painting at the house?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was painting the outside walls ?

Yes that is the issue, the fumes even though very minor will have a reaction with the evaporator and cause that smell..it will go away in a few weeks for sure...just air out the house really good and it will magically disappear over a couple weeks.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!