Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have switche the cct to a samsung freezer on and off a

Customer Question

I have switche the cct to a samsung freezer on and off a couple of times. Now it wont come on again. It is plugged into the same socket as a refrigerator and thats stull running fine. Any clues? Internal fuse maybe?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its 8 or so years old. Just looking for model no
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am a house electrician. The circuits are alk new in the house. I just switched off the power to double check identity of the cct to mark up the board. Switched it back on, and the fridge rhsts on the same cct is on, the freezer is dead. Judt wondered if they can be sensitive to being switcged on and off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Thats it. Switched it off. Now it doesnt power up again
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Is it a american style side by side?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No its just a freezer. Model rz80fers. The supply is new as is the wiring in the whole house. Installed and tested. The crazy thing is, is that the very same thing happened on powering up the sansung fridge last week. Both connected to same outlet. The freezer was fine. Today i switched off all of the power , didnt touch the wiring to fridge and freezer, and on powering up the freezer didnt work but the new fridge is fine. Both are still on the same dedicated socket on a 10amp breaker. Been an ekectrician a long time and have never experienced this. An expensive week!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Further to this, the original cct supplying fridge and freezer was without an earth. Just live and neutral on 16a wired fuse. Do you think damage to the appliances may have occurred previously and now during rewire they have been switched on/off several times and have given up due to previous damage when un earthed??