Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Candy washing machine sometimes enters final spin cycle,

Customer Question

Hello, Candy washing machine sometimes enters final spin cycle, sometimes not. Showing error 3. I have checked the filter and draining hose - looks OK. I have tried to run empty - works OK. All this began few days ago. Sorry for my bad English.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Candy gc14102d2...2 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I love diy jobs :)
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hi

Other then the error 3 code do you see an error 16 code?

Is it draining the water out still or is it leaving it full of water?

Regards

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi
No, only error 3. It is draining water. Yesterday a new problem raised: machine takes washing powder only from 1. section, 2. section stays untouched. Yesterday I checked all hoses. They looked OK, no jams. Today I turned on the machine (empty) and it took water from both washing powder sections then I turned ON Drain & spin cycle program - worked OK. Could this be faulty control board?
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Its possible the control board could be the fault.

The reason i asked about the E16 code is because on these washers if the wash heater fails to earth then it messes the electronics up abd causes strange faults a bit like this.

What you can try is remove the back cover of the washer and you will see the heater in the bottom of the drum. Disconnect the wires and tape them up and then retry the washer on a rinse cycle and see how it goes.

If it works fine on there then the wash heater is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if after that its still the same and the washer is draining out then its posisbley the control board and would need to be replaced if you wanted it fixing.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I think i found the problem - faulty pressure sensor. I tried the "dummy" way by replacing all parts starting from cheapest. So I started with pressure sensor (about 15 Euro) and magic happened - machine started to work. I will do about five test washes and then give my final conclusion.
Expert:  Daniel replied 10 months ago.

Hi

How has the washer got on?

Regards