Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

For 2 weeks now I have having issues with Hoover washing

Customer Question

Hi there. For 2 weeks now I have having issues with Hoover washing machine with error 03. I cleaned out the filter and after a couple of washes it stated again
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its about 2 years old. Its a DYN9164 DBPX. I think that's the model
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If that is possible but more than happy for an engineer to do it if I cannot
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: My partner tried using the machine at the weekend and it is now reading 07 which I believe is the door mechanism
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 7 months ago.

Hi

When it stops with the E03 code is it full of water?

Does you also see another error code like E16?

Regards

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi. Sorry but I thought I had replied. Never seen the error code E16 and the drum is empty

The reason i asked about the E16 code is because on these washers if the wash heater fails to earth then it messes the electronics up and causes this kind of fault.

What you can try is remove the back cover of the washer and you will see the heater in the bottom of the drum. Disconnect the wires and tape them up and then retry the washer on a rinse cycle and see how it goes.

If it works fine on there then the wash heater is the fault and will need to be replaced.

But if thats all ok and the washer is still comming up E03 but is draining the water out ok then its possibley the pressure switch thinking there water in there when there isnt. In this case then the pressure switch will need to be replaced and that should cure it. If its not then the control board itself is the fault.