Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a zanussi ZWD1480W and the softener has stopped

Customer Question

We have a zanussi ZWD1480W and the softener has stopped being dispensed. I initially checked the syphon holes etc and all works. Then I checked the ports above the syphon, ie the holes that the water should come out of and they had a bit of grunge on so I cleaned them. That did not work. So, I then replaced the three way feed valve, and still no joy.
I can therefore only assume it is something to do with the programmer or similar.
Can anyone in the know help me check the cause before I buy any new spare parts only to find they are ok....
Many thanks.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The only way to test is to measure the voltage at the valve. However, if the valve is new and the water supply to it is good and path clear, it only leaves the controller as suspect.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for this. Is there a way of putting the machine into the correct mode, ie to test the dispenser valve, without waiting for the machine to go through a whole cycle until it reaches the point of activating the solenoid. I am comfortable with safely testing the voltage.
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

You can try this....

• Turn the washer to off and make sure the door is closed.
  • Press and hold the start button and the button on the left
  • Keep them held in and turn the dial 1 click clockwise.
  • Once the LEDs flash, let go.