Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoover machine model DYN 8144D/L. Fault E03.

Customer Question

Hi I have a hoover machine model DYN 8144D/L. Fault E03. appears. I have checked pump pipes etc .All Ok.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hoover is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Its approx 3/4years. DYN 8144D /L-80
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It will go through the cycle if there is no load
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 6 months ago.

Hi

When you set it going on a spin cycle does the water drain out or not?

Do you get anyother error code comming up like E16?

Regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi
When the E03 shows I switched to spin mode an E16 shows. Heating element is ok
The water drains on spin cycle. Actually the complete cycle finishes with no load in the drum.

Ok this is a wash heater fault. Ive seen it many times. The heater can still work and test ok for contonuity but what happens is it fails to earth and this is what causes the error code. As the earth leakage messes the electronics up and creates the E03 and E16 error code. Its a very common fault on these Hoover candy washers.

If you have a megger then you need to test the heater to earth and you will find it will be faulty that way.

If you dont have a multi meter then you can just replace the wash heater anyway and this will cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Daniel.
Thank you for answer. As i have mentioned I have done a wash without any clothes in the drum and it completed the cycle without any errors !!!
Regards Mike
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The error seems to occur at the end of the wash before the spin clicks in ???
Sorry that's not much more I can tell you.As for the fault you have with the E02 and E16 this is a wash heater fault. I've had a job this morning with the same codes and it was a heater down to earth.
If you don't want to believe the answer what I have given there's nothing more I can add. This WILL be a wash heater fault.
The error codes I wrote at the start is ment to say E03 not E02.