Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

I have a RH built in oven model RHBMFEO1 ,purchased 2 years

Customer Question

Hi I have a RH built in oven model RHBMFEO1 ,purchased 2 years ago
used quite regularly and also cleaned in and out regular
recently the oven would not heat up nor the light come on but the fan function works sound .
the element was replaced but still no go !
what can be the problem/problems ?
why does the light not function? light bulb checked and ok
what am i looking at ?/
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Do any elements work at all the broil either?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok Brien
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry no elements work within oven no heat up

Ok check the power to the unit where the cord connects to the terminal block, see if anything is burned there and make sure you have full power. If so you need to check the high limit thermostat on the unit to see if it is burned out. Check that power first and get back to me.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have already checked the above
the 30 amp flex into the back of the oven and the connections are fine

OK can you check the high limit thermostat?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do i do that
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
give me a bit more info re check thermostat are we talking about using an ohm meter?

You need to pull the unit out and remove the top or back panel to get at it can you do that>

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i could but not at this hour of night
can we continue tomorrow ?

Yes for sure!