Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Lights flashing. Tried cleaning coffee filter near tear

Customer Question

Green lights flashing. Tried cleaning coffee filter near tear flap, no results.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The flashing lights are usually caused by a switch that is not closed or an overheat condition, depending on the model.

• May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
AEG Cafamosa.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have tried to resolve the problem according to the service manual but with no luck.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Initially, I conducted a decalcifying action but this was not completed as there was no water coming from the spout. I opened up the machine (top, back and sides) and kneaded the large tube coming in from the water tank (I could see it was quite clogged) and then reassembled the machine and then had water coming thru the spout.
Since then, I basically have had the four green lights flashing (flush, coffee cups and coffee scoop).
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
In all my troubleshooting, water comes thru the spout as it should (mixture of steady stream with some lesser stream-dribbling). Also, the water coming from the spout is cold.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as of now, my machine has been switched off since last evening. I am ready to proceed further and am waiting for your responses.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Kelly just so you know, I am in Germany. Perhaps we should agree on a time when we both can address this issue together and in sync.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I apologize, I have no information on that machine. I will place your request back to the list where another may be more familiar with that machine.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will continue to wait eagerly for a satisfactory response to my query.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I please have an idea of developments on this issue? Surely someone can help here. If not, I need to know and soon so that I can make other arrangements. Thank you and please advise soonest.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Well still no news on my queries and I have to admit I am fed up. I am not satisfied with the support or should I say lack of support which has been demonstrated up to now. As a result of this and in accordance with your policy, I hereby request that my credit card not be billed for the 15 Euros. Please be so kind and acknowledge this email.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to give a rating of poor and your system doesn't allow this? So you can use this latest entry as my rating of poor. I really should have looked at the ratings people gave your system before I embarked on my query. I read most ratings and comments people gave and they were almost all negative. Once again, I want a refund of my 15 Euros!!!!