Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a Whirlpool 20RID4 522 Litre fridge freezer. The

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool 20RID4 522 Litre fridge freezer. The freezer is working OK but the temperature in the fridge is only down to 12 C even though it's set to 4C. There aren't any error indications. I have pulled the appliance out but there's very little dust in the vent at the back, the vents inside the fridge aren't covered. Can you help lease?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 8 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i'm an ex engineer so I'm OK with tools and taking things aoart
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

I suspect the issue is air flow related between the freezer and refrigerator section. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I ordered a new Air Flow Diffuser yesterday and fitted it today. It's working OK now.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 months ago.

That is great news, very well done!

Thank you so much! Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. Please remember to rate before you leave, using the stars at the top of the page.