Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Zanussi zwn 6120L washing machine indicates 5 red flashes

Customer Question

Zanussi zwn 6120L washing machine indicates 5 red flashes and 2 green. What is the relevant E code and suspected fault.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Zanussi ZWN 6120 L approx 3 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on nature of fault
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am attempting to determine whether repair or replacement is the most economical answer.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.
HiThat Error code you have is E52. Now this error code is a motor fault. Most of the time it's the carbon brushes on the motor that has worn down.What you need to do is remove the back panel the washer and there you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum. Remove the motor and at the back either side you will see the carbon brushes. Remove them and see if they have worn right down if they are only a few millimetres long and they need to be replaced.Check them and see what you find and let me know always have that error code it's something to do with the carbon brushes in the motor.Let me know what you find.Regards