Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

I have a fridge freezer KA58NA40gb/07. The drinking water

Customer Question

I have a fridge freezer KA58NA40gb/07. The drinking water pipe has broken at the base of the freezer Lower door hinge and needs replacing. I just need to know how I replace it? I have taken the door off but not sure if the pipe runs all the way through the door to the drink dispenser or if a new pipe just plumbs into the base of the door? Any ideas? Many thanks . Dean
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The water line goes from the bottom of the door hinge all the way to the dispenser it is one piece.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I assumed it was one piece but the original question was how do you replace it? I assume you have to disconnect the front ice and drink dispenser unit mounted into the door and then disconnect the water line and refit a new one but exactly how? do you just pull the old water line out and push a new one in? Finally disconnecting the water/ice dispenser appears to have hidden clips or screws holding it in place. How do you gain access to replace the water line? thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

See the attached pages for instruction on replacing that tube and the redesigned dispenser spout kit.