Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Possible motor cutout, As soon as I loaded the washer all

Customer Question

possible motor cutout
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: As soon as I loaded the washer all the indicators lit correctly but nothing else happened
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: zanuzzi jetsystem 1200 10years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: like what, it appears to have finished its last load ok but it may have been too heavy
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also when you try and start it what actually happens?

Will the door lock?

Do you get any error codes from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
fjs1225w
nothing
yes
no
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
all relevant indicator lights come on
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

Ok if the door locks but the washer isnt starting then the first thing to check is the door lock wiring.

Open the door and remove the plastic clamp around the door seal and then unlip the seal.

Then remove the 2 screws holding the door lock on and pull it through the porthole.

Disconnect the wiring block and check to see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then you need to replace the door lock and repair the wiring as well.

But if the door lock is fine and its still not starting even though the door locks then its more then likely the control board at fault. For this the board will need to be replaced and it will need to be programmed up. But this is an expensive part and give the washer is 2001 model so 15 years old its more then likely not even worth fixing as the board is about half the cost of a brand new washer.

So just check the door lock and wiring first if you can and see what you find. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It is possible that the last wash on spindry may have overloaded the motor does the motor have an overload cutout?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 months ago.

You cannot overload on motor on these. But they do have a overload built into the motor. If this fails then its a new motor as you cannot access the overload.

But if that was the case the washer will still fill with water and drain, it just wont turn the drum. So as you say its not doing anything then this wont be down to the motor on this model im afraid.