Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I got a Candy washing machine model CTG 139. More often I

Customer Question

JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: Hi, I got a Candy washing machine model CTG 139. More often I get an error code E14. Could that be the wash heater error code?
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Regards peter
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No, if it is a heater problem I think will buy a new washer machine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No more questions. Thanks a lot! :-)
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

E14 error code is a heating error code. It is possible its the heater but it could also be the wiring to the heater, Thermistor or the control board thats causing this fault.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need a multimeter.

Then pull washer out and remove the back panel.

There at the back of the drum towards the bottom you will see the heater.

Check the wires are still attached to the heater and thermistor which you will see in the heater bracket.

If the wires are fine then you need to test the heater for contonuity. It should read about 28 Ohms.

If faulty then you need to replace.

But if the heater is fine then you need to test the thermistor. This should give a reading in Kohms.

But if the heater, thermistor and the wiring are all ok then the control board will be the fault here and will need to be replaced to cure this.

So check it out if you can as E14 is a heating fault but could be a few things. If you need anymore info just get back to me.