Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic

Indesit 103 will not drain. I have taken the lower filter

Customer Question

indesit 103 will not drain. I have taken the lower filter off and cleaned it out (found a coin and a piece of wire in there). Any other ideas?
JA: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?
Customer: Hapened today - will not drain or start wash cycle. Just makes a noise as if it's filling. Are there any other filters?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes. I'm a time served electrical fitter, so dismantling machinery is not something that daunts me. Just need a point in the right direction so I don't have to strip it down completely
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

Three things to check --

a. If you put it on spin/pump out with the filter out can you see the pump impeller spinning fast?

b. If you impeller spin have you got voltage at the pump connections?

c. If no voltage at the pump, check the cables back to the main pcb (back left hand rear) for continuity, if you have continuity then the pcb is faulty.

Come back to me with your results - Ian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The pumps clear - it's the controller board - I took the back off earlier and it's smoking. Probably one of the electrolytic caps - they apparently have a tendanvy to go on these. thanks
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Board totalled - caps and relay - £100 for a new board that I can't even programme!