Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I have a Rengora dishwasher from Ikea. Put it on last night

Customer Question

I have a Rengora dishwasher from Ikea. Put it on last night and it didn't wash; this morning it just carried on beeping. There is no water in the washer but the pump seems to be keeping on going and the detergent tray was not emptied. I have cleaned the filter at the bottom of the washer (which wasn't overly dirty) and checked the fitting under the sink which is not blocked. Don't know what else to do! I can't stop the noise from the pump unless I turn off the dishwasher at the fuse box. Please help!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 months ago.

Hi, Is your dishwasher free standing or integrated?

If it's integrated, did you fit it yourself?

Are you able to take it out of position to carry out checks on it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No we didn't fit it ourselves
Not easily!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 months ago.

OK, thanks for that.

Look below the door (take the kitchen plinth off, if fitted). Are there inspection panels or a removable panel there?

(Don't remove anything yet).

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,We have removed the plinth but can't really see an inspection panel. We'll look tomorrow when there is more light and I'll contact you then.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 months ago.

OK, no problem.

It may be a metal panel held by screws.

If you can upload a picture of it, I may be able to work it out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There is no inspection panel as such. Just a metal strip across the front. This also sits back about 6" from the plinth and is very difficult to access.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 months ago.

Hiya, OK, then the only way to get this checked and sorted is to take it out of it's integrated position.

The drain pump running all the time normally suggests the anti flood device in the base of the machine (not inside the tub) has been activated. This is normally a leak or spillage of water into the base that causes it.

Unplug the appliance and disconnect the hoses. Take the appliance out of it's integrated position. Put towels down at the rear. Tilt the machine rearwards till it's almost on it's back and drain the water out of the base.

Once drained, stand it up, reconnect the hoses and plug it in. Try the machine again. If it was a spillage, it will now be working ok. If it's a leak, it will begin to work then fail the same way again.

If it leaks, you need the side panels off, the base drained and then test the machine so you can find the source of the leak.

Once you cure the leak, the machine will work.

Obviously, if you cannot do the work yourself, you'll need to get someone in to sort it out for you.

Hope this helps

Let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
OK thanks. We're going away for the weekend, but will try all the above when we get back and let you know how we get on! If not, my have to try Ikea service department.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 months ago.

Hiya, No problem. Let me know how you get on. If it's out of warranty, any repairer should be able to sort this out for you. Thanks