Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Smeg dishwasher which has stopped working with

Customer Question

I have a Smeg dishwasher which has stopped working with error code 09 & 05
JA: What's the make and model of your dishwasher? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: D4SS-1
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how to reset the dishwasher inlet valve
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the water inlet valve is called an aquastop if that helps
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have checked the auto cutout underneath and that seems to be working fine
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

Error 05 is a no water error and error 09 is an overfill error. Obviously, those error codes are contradictory when both are being displayed. Has water leaked into the base of the machine, under the tub?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi Kelly as I've stated, I have checked the trip under the machine and it seems to work OK. There is no water. It originally came out with an error 09 and since it has shown an error 05. I'm assuming the issue is something to do with the water inlet valve. Is there a way of resetting it?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You can reset the control by turning mains supply off for a few hours. Do the errors return?