Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have error 21 on my zanussi washing machine and machine is

Customer Question

I have error 21 on my zanussi washing machine and machine is full of washing
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a zanussi roughly four years old working perfectly until I moved house now it works but won't drain
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I plumbed it in and it wouldn't drain and a friend told me did I check the drain plug under the sink that it wasn't sealed and he was right so I cut a piece off and reattached the grey pipe but it still won't drain
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope it was working great until I moved here and I've plumbed it in twice now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 9 months ago.

Hi

If you remove the waste hose from under the sink and hang it into a bucket and set it to a spin cycle does the water come out then?

If so is it gushing or is it just trickling out?

Regards

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No the machine won't do anything now it's just saying error 21 my friend told me to take the grey pipe off under the sink and cover the drain pipe and set the machine to spin but I've told him same as you it won't do anything

Ok can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hang on a minute please
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's a zanussi 6H9 1200rpm
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Are you still there ?? I've paid £11.00!for this call so I'm hoping you will help me I'm stuck with a full machine here

Got it now thanks.

So what actually happens when you select a spin only cycle?

Turn the dial to off and wait a few seconds.

Then turn it to a spin cycle and press start and see what happens.

Does the door lock?

Do you hear a humming nise comming form the bottom?

And yes im still here.

When you replie you need to give me a few minutes to reply as i have to type the answer out and look up the service info.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When you switch it off then on again it starts to try and empty but there water forcing out the drain pipe under the sink but I can't get the bloody jubilee clip off its too tight

So its trying to drain out?

Also are you saying you cannot remove the waste hose now as the jubilee clip is to tight?

If so then pull the washer out and check the waste hose isnt kinked up at the back as if you have kinked the hose then it will restrict the water from draining out.

So check that and see what you find first and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think it's somehow blocked under the sink but I don't know why as I bought a new part today

Ok so you have cut the end of the spigot off?

Also unscrew the spigot thats under the sink and just check there isnt a blanking cap in there aswell as sometimes they put blanking caps in there as well and blocking the end off.

Check that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It's the bloody blanking cap , I'm so raging as the guy in the shop never even mentioned that today I'll strangle the [email protected] tomorrow

Ha ha. Bit strange how it had the blanking cap and the end need cutting off as its usually one or the other not both.

But glad to hear you sorted it and thanks for letting me know. If you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'm putting it back now give me five minutes while I do it and I'll let you know if it's working

No worries, Im sure that will sort it.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on as i never heard back from you yesterday?

Did the wash cycle work?

Regards