George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs

Was just reading through the issue that last costumer had I

Customer Question

Hi was just reading through the issue that last costumer had I have sort of the same problem my freezer won't go below -10 then it goes up to 21 and fridge not cold I did go through the diagnostics like you said mine all work fan comes on heaters work and goes back to 00 but still won't cool or freze also no I can't see what temp the freezer is at atm goes back to fridge temp when I try to see what the freezer temp is it just gives me what it should be then back to top one
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

WHat is the make and model?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi it's a hotpoint model is FFA90
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 3 months ago.

Is the fan in the freezer working?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it works fine going through the diognostics the whole thing seams to be working now but just the display still doesn't show temp in the freezer department it should be lite up and stay on bottom bit once selected but goes back to top compartment temp after few secs hard one to figure out

What is the temperature being displayed by both sections?

Is the compressor at the rear of the appliance overly hot, or is it normal?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Temp displayed shows what they are set at but the freezer temp used to be displayed all the time and the back light stayed on now it displays the fridge temp and no back light untill you press a botton the compressor is warm but don't think overly warm I wouldn't really know how warm it should be anyway I thought that was the way it was when working anyway ?

If one particular temp display is showing all the time with a back-light lit, yet when you try to view the opposite cabinet it immediately changes back to the first, this is an indication that the button that controls the cabinet that is permanently showing is stuck in the on position..

The correct situation is that you can choose a cabinet and the setting for that cabinet will show with a back-light.. then after a few moments the back-light will go out