Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.
21107370

We have a Bosch dishwasher exxcel and something has happened

Customer Question

we have a Bosch dishwasher exxcel and something has happened to the handle - a piece of plastic is coming down out of the inside of the handle and we can't open the door
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I think it's 2009 - we are trying to find the instruction booklet for the serial number - sorry
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well if it's simple my husband will yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my husband is partially sighted but can see the bit of plastic that's sticking down. also we've got the leaflet but there's no obvious number on it
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

The handle is broken inside the door, grab the door at the top on each end and just pull hard it will open. Then you can remove the inner perimeter panel screws to get the console off to change out and see the broken door latch handle assembly.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for taking the time to research this. We think we'll have to get someone in to replace the part anyway now, but we appreciate your effort to find an answer. I think another time I'll be more specific in my question.

OK NO PROBLEM AT ALL!