Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

There is mains power to our oven (the clock is on) but none

Customer Question

Hi, There is mains power to our oven (the clock is on) but none of oven, grill, or light work. Any suggestions please. It's a Beaumatic OSF600VEN about 18 months to 2 years old.
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: Thanks, MB, No , I have recycled but notfor that long. Been away for 3 months and on return it didn't work.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Probably, if it's not too difficult. OR buy a new one!
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I would start with turning the power off at the mains for a few hours. If that does not restore operation, you may have a common wire off near the oven controller or an open thermal fuse. Let me know what happens with the power cycle for a few hours.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Kelly,
I had already found for myself that the appliance was US and needs replacing.
I'm sorry but in short you told me nothing new,
When wired directly all the elements, fans and clock functioned effectively.
It is obvious that the control circuit board unit is malfunctioning.
I have been quoted between £50 and £150 to replace this unit and in my humble opinion
that makes repair non-viable.
I now have a problem, namely,. that I do not want to bad mouth you or give negative feedback.
On the other hand I feel that paying any more than the £3 already paid ie. £8 more cannot really
be justified.
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Odd that you already knew what was wrong with it yet still posted the question?! Now after getting the information requested you don't want to pay because the fix is not an easy or inexpensive one. You don't have to pay if you don't want to. Just request a refund and you will be all set. If you can feel good with that, that's great. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not odd at all Kelly. I paid a deposit in good faith. ALL you told me to do was switch it off for a few hours. ( I actually thought that was a joke). Now don't take me for a moron. That is not worth £3. I've had my £3 worth thank you, ***** ***** do not wish to continue. I will if you wish give Neg feedback in order to finalise this matter. Otherwise lets call it quits. Please don't respond, just accept, unless you wish to take up issues with the payers - Barclaycard.