Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

The rince light is flashing and washing won't work, Bosch

Customer Question

The rince light is flashing and washing won't work
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch max 6 1200 6 yrs
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No just machine won't change to any other setting
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where would I find model number on it?
Bosch max 6 1200

It will be on a sticker on the inside of the door and starts E-nr

As Max6 is just the range and 1200 is the spin speed.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for that.

The rinse light flashing means theres a fault on the motor circuit so this is an error code telling you theres a fault on the motor.

What you need to do is remove the back panel of the washer and there you will see the motor at the bottom of the drum.

You need to remove the motor and then at the back either side you will see the carbon brushes.

You need to remove them and see if they have worn. If they are only a few mm long then they have worn and need to be replaced.

Then refit the motor and retry the washer and fingers crossed this cures it.

But if the carbon brushes are fine then its either the motor itself or the control board at fault here which given the cost of the parts of them it wont be worth fixing as both are over the £150 mark so not even worth messing with.

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close it.

Many thanks