Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

What a surprise :) so I have a hotspot acuarius washer drier

Customer Question

hi! what a surprise :)
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: so I have a hotspot acuarius washer drier and it wont finish the washing cicle. Instead it blinks all the liks
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: lights*
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i'd love to as was with a technical company that is absolutely useless
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You said $5 but the page you redirected me to charged me £11 in my PAYPAL account !?
What is this all about?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 3 months ago.

Can you post the model number of the washer please.

Also which lights are flashing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi Daniel,
it's a Hotspot Acuarius WDL540.
all the horizontal pannel lights plus the three vertical ones being: washing,rinsing and spinning.
We have cleaned the filter and check the pipe for a blockage and nothing.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we have also left it unplugged for hours and nothing is working :(

Ok when all the horizontal lights are flashing the lights vertical shouldnt. But certain ones will be lit as this is the error code.

Are any of them lit?

If so then number the lights going from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom which is the door lock light and let me know which ones are lit solid when the others are flashing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
all the horizontal ones flash. The still right vertical ones from bottom to top are the last 3, so numbers 4,5 and 6.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok now, I tried a different cycle now and the same horizontal lights all flash but in the right vertical ones instead of 4,5,6 1,2 and 3 light up. the machine does not seem to have any blockage as I took the grey hose out and let it discharge into a bucket and huge amounts of water come out of it, but for some reason it does not drain all the water

Sorry a bit confused here as lights 4,5 and 6 isnt an error code.

Are you number the lights from bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom? Or are you going from top to bottom with 1 at the top?

If you could go from the bottom upwards so light 1 is at the bottom which is the door lock and confirm which lights are lit then i can give the correct error code for you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Danie, im counting them as you asked me to. from bottom to top

Ok lights 4,5 and 6 isnt an error code unless you have light 4 and 5 lit as light 6 will be flashing along with the row of lights at the bottom.

Also lights 4 and 5 isnt listed as an error code anyway.

But if you have lights 1,2 and 3 lit up this is error code F07 which is a heating related error code.

So if you are getting 1,2 and 3 then you need to pull the washer out and remove the back panel,

There you will see the heater at the back of the drum towards the bottom.

Check the wires on there are tight. If they are fine then you need to test the heater for resistance. It should read about 28Ohms. If faulty then the heater needs to be replaced.

But if the heater and wiring are both fine then the control board at the back is the fault and will need to be replaced and programmed up. Now pricewise for you to do this yourself then it isnt worth the repair as it will cost more then the washer is worth as you need to also buy the card reader and smart card to program the board up.

But Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £110 all in and they will replace the board and program it up with there laptop.

So if you have them lights lit check the heater and see what you find and let me know.