George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

I have a BEKO DWD5412 which currently will not start its

Customer Question

I have a BEKO DWD5412 which currently will not start its cycle.
We start it as usual and the "wash" light lights up - it then makes the usual start- stop - start - stop - start noises - however I come back to it 2 hours later and it sounds like it is still running - when I open it there is no water and the washing tablet hasn't been ejected.
If I leave it on "standby" for a while then switch back on it carries on making the noise as if it's running. Only way to stop the noise is to switch off at wall.
All I have tried is switching it off at the wal for 20 mins then trying again - same thing.
Any help would be appreciated
Regards
Dave
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 6 months ago.

This is usually caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance... Either a leak or an overflow has occurred and this has triggered the Anti-Flood System.
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the power socket.
Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to expel any waters from the base.
If the problem happens again thereafter then you'll need to remove the right-hand side panel to investigate for leaks.
If there is no water to be found in the base, check the switch at the top of the Anti-Flood System's float.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok - will take a look - where is the "Anti-Flood System's float"?

In the base of the appliance.

Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to see if any waters exits from the base.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok - have just done this and quite a bit of water came out - what can be the cause of this water build up? WIll this happen again?I have put the machine on - I should know in a couple of hours if it is working ok.

The water can be caused by a leak from a hose or pipe, a motor seal, another seal, leaking heater, or even an overflow from the door.

If it is caused by any of those then it will happen again as the norm until you take off the side to investigate the source of the leak.

.

Please take the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page, as it is the only way I get credited for responding to you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi George,No problem, of course.I have just checked the dishwasher and it hasn't got a drop of water inside after being on for 10 mins - so I assume there must be a leak - what should I be looking for once I take the side off? (I assume the side just pulls off as there seem to be no screws??Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have taken off the sign but can find no sign of any leaks - however I don't really know what I am looking for.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have realised that I am covered by the warranty I believe so I have given them a call to come out. Apologies for wasting your time!

You are very welcome.
I would appreciate a reciprocation of the assistance I have given you; you can do this by taking the time to rate my assistance using the stars provided at the top of the page.