Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The tumble dryer will not dry clothes. It isn't heating no

Customer Question

the tumble dryer will not dry clothes. It isn't heating no mater how high the temperature is set. There is no water in the receptical. Bottom left airway has been cleaned. Still not drying. What can I do?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: indiset idc75. not suew how old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is a dryer left behind by the previous tenant of this house so I don't know how long it hasn't worked for.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 months ago.

Hi

When you set it going is the drum turning still?

Does the little empty water light come on red or is it off?

Regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The drum is still turning.
Empty water light is not on. There is no water to empty.

Ok in this case then you need to remove the buldge cover on the back of the dryer and there you will see the heater in the panel.

Remove the heater from there and on top you will see the 2 thermostats.

You need to test these with a multi meter. If faulty then look in the center of the thermostat and there you will see a small hole.

Push a pin in there and push down and you will hear a click. This is the thermostat resetting.

Retry the dryer and fingers crossed this cures the fault from there.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the dryer as the question is still open. Do you still need more help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that will close it.

Many thanks