Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a zanussi dishwasher that beeps 3 times. The base of

Customer Question

I have a zanussi dishwasher that beeps 3 times. The base of the machine was full of water but I drained it and it is still beeping
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also is it still beeping the 3 times?

Also how did you clear the water?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Model number is *****
Drained it with a hose as it will not come out without damaging the island
Had to turn it off to stop the beeping

Ok if you feel inside the base can you still feel water?

The flood switch is towards the middle of the dishwasher underneath so you need to make sure all the water is full cleared as then the flood switch can fully reset.

Try that and see what happens and let me know.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there any way of draining it without taking the appliance out the flood switch is still on and the machine is still beeping 3 times

Im afraid its very hard to do this while the dishwasher is still in place as its hard to get at the switch.

What you can try is use a sponge and push it into the base and try and soak up the water from there. Just make sure the dishwasher is unplugged first.

But this fails then im afraid it has to be pulled out to clear the water as you will need to lie the dishwasher on its back to clear the water.

Plus if the dishwasher is leaking then it would need to be removed to access it anyway as the side panels will need to be removed to check the hoses and find the leak from there.

Or if you just cannot remove it and dont want to get someone in then you can leave it a few weeks and the water will dry itself up but this way will take time, Sorry.

Hi

I see the question is still open on this. Do you still need help on this?

If so then just get back to me. If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards