Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Appliance Technician
Experience:  UK and Australian appliance repair specialist.

I have an indesit WIDXE 146s and it has stopped mid cycle

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I have an indesit WIDXE 146s and it has stopped mid cycle and is flashing the word door, any ideas
JA: Have you tried power cycling the appliance -- unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have, it happened befor I went on holiday but now I'm back its still the same
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I've tried troubleshooting and I've changed the brushes in the motor, the machines empty but won't start, could it be the door locking mechanism?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

That means there is an issue with door latch, basically the door latch is telling the board the door is not closed. Check and make sure the actuator peg on the door is not broken then I would change out the door latch on the unit to correct that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!