Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

Rob, I've got a hotspot washing machine wlm540, it fills up

Customer Question

Hi rob, I've got a hotspot washing machine wlm540, it fills up with water slightly but doesn't proceed to the next stage. If I put it on grain it gets rid of the water and can open door. But when set on rince and spin, nothing happens. Any ideas?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

First thing I would do is check that the motor carbon brushes are not worn out, you should have at least 20mm protruding from the end of the brush holder - Ian

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, Ian. Not sure what this is. Can you elaborate. Assume that I haven't had any experience with washing machine faults before. Cheers
Expert:  bonzaco replied 3 months ago.

OK you need to find the motor which depending upon which version will either be bolted to the bottom of the outer tub or bolted to the top of the tub - in your case likely the bottom. If you unplug it (power off first) and remove it we can check it