Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

My Siemens dishwasher is not filling much and its not

Customer Question

Hi my Siemens dishwasher is not filling much and its not washing either. If I fill it manually then it will wash fine but not rinse
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: its a siemens SE65T390GB/07
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have checked the water valve on the water inlet end and this seems fine. I have removed the spray arms and there are no blocks. I have not a clue where the float switch is but think it might be this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

The float switch is not likely the issue but the water inlet valve is likely failing. The machine is time filled with the float only acting as a safety device. I would replace the water inlet valve.