George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

Electrolux fwf12821 start button blinking and then error.

Customer Question

electrolux fwf12821 start button blinking and then error. Every cycle shows the same problem.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Before the problem started, I did a load of towels on Quick 15 minutes. They washed fine, it was only after Itook them and out and went to do another load ( light normal clothing). The machine would not start. Light flashing and then error when I turned it back to Quick load.
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

Please give me the PNC / Product code of the appliance..

What light was flashing ?

What was the error you were given?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The PNC###-##-####00
Type R163525
The Start/Pause light is flashing green and will not start any cycle. The last cycle I did was Quick, when I turned dial to Quick it flashes RED err. and beeps three times. Door opens and closes, everything else appears fine. Just wont start at all.

Turn the dial to the OFF position and wait for 3 seconds then try again

Let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have tried that and now it start/pause button just continually blinks green. I pressed it a few times over inbetween turning dial to O and still flashes. Is not showing up ERR anymore, but now showing door lock sign after I have pressed start then door lock sign disappears but green light still blinks and no cycle starts.

Assuming there are no other symbols in the display, you need to replace the door lock of the appliance

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The door lock isnt the problem?. And it is a digital disply which is showing other symbols. The main issue is the START/PAUSE green light is flashing and no matter what cycle I turn dial to- none will start. It just keeps flashing... Does this make sense ?.Is there a reset button for machine?. That would be helpful at this point

The star button on that model is supposed to be flashing... If by pressing the start button the appliance does not lock the door then either the PCB is at fault because the start button is not operating, or the door lock is at fault as it is not locking... If the door lock showed up on the screen but then went out as you earlier suggested then the door lock is not operating the way it should.

The reset for this model is the O at the top of the dial.