George-Allsorts
George-Allsorts, Senior Appliance Technicial Manager
Experience:  Senior Service & Technical Manager at Allsorts Recycling & Appliance Repairs
19471162

My hot point lft04 dishwasher keeps making a noise as if the

Customer Question

Hi my hot point lft04 dishwasher keeps making a noise as if the pumps running without being on and with the door open
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 6 years old and model lft04
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I would like to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No I don't think so, the noise happens probably every 20mins and only lasts for around 5 seconds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  George-Allsorts replied 9 months ago.

This is caused by water ingress into the base of the appliance... Either a leak or an overflow has occurred and this has triggered the Anti-Flood System.
Turn off the appliance and unplug it from the power socket.
Tilt the appliance backward at an angle of approx 60degs to expel any waters from the base.
If the problem happens again thereafter then you'll need to remove the right-hand side panel to investigate for leaks.
If there is no water to be found in the base, check the switch at the top of the Anti-Flood System's float.