Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!

Diplomat dish washer not running cycle. Tried changing the

Customer Question

Diplomat dish washer not running cycle. Tried changing the thermostat in the sump but still starts the cycle and around 45 seconds into the cycle it flashes on the start button and emits a 1second repetitive beep. Does not seem to be filling. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: Diplomat apliance. Made by whirlpool for mfi
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, it's an older appliance but not had much use so I would prefer to try and salvage it if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just fitted the new thermostat and it's still repeating e same fault
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please know that I am not compensated for my time by the site until you rate using the stars at the top of your page. A rating is appreciated once we get to the solution for your appliance issue, thanks!

I suspect the issue is that the control is not able to "see" the water going as it should be and is displaying the error. Is the water on to the machine? Do you have a meter to test the voltage at the valve to see if the valve is getting energized when it should be filling?