Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hot point vtd6000 tumble dryer and recently changed

Customer Question

I have a hot point vtd6000 tumble dryer and recently changed the belt. Unfortunately I've unplugged a few wires by accident and I'm looking for a wiring diagram ideally to put it all back together.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Hotpoint is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: About 2 years and
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yeah
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Dont think so...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** what colour wires and where have they come off?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
There's 2 sets. A red grey and brown one off the door switch and then on the dial there's an orange, black and 2 red ones.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If I could see a diagram I could work it out for myself... Is that possible?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so then can you post the serial number of the dryer and then i can get the correct wiring diagram for you.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi thanks, it's###-##-####
Thanks for that. I've just uploaded the wiring diagram for you. It shows 2 types of timers so it depends which you have on yours. You should be able to work it out easy which you have.
So try that and see how it goes from there. Just watch out as sometimes the colours of the wires don't match on the diagrams so you may need to follow them and double check.If you get stuck just get back to me.
Im having trouble trying to send diagrams on phone as I'm not near my laptop at moment. If you don't it send me your email address and I can email it you.In the mean time I will keep trying to send it here
I think this should come through now.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's just the job... Nice one cheers

Your very welcome.

Please could you remember to rate the answer i gave that would be great.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
right - now I've got it wired up correctly but it keeps tripping the mains every time i plug it in.. any idea what that might be?

Ok you have a short somewere.

Check theres no wires touching the metal cabinet.

If the wiring is fine then you need to check the heater.

Remove the top and the right hand side panel.

There you will see the heater wires at the bottom.

Disconnect the wiring block and refit the side panel and turn it on and see if it stops the tripping. If it does then the heater is the fault.

A little tip here is you dont need to remove the front panel to do any repairs on these as removing the right hand side panel and lossing the rear panel can usually do all repairs from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** block and it stopped the tripping as you said.... What now?

Ok in that case its looking like the heater is the fault here.

Just remove the metal cover on the back of the dryer first so you can access the heater and check theres nothing stuck in there first. As we do get bra wires in there that short out on the heater coils. Also check theres no wires traped against the metal cover. But if thats all ok then its looking like the heater itself is the fault here.

In this case you need to replace the heater unit and then that should cure the fault from there.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Cool I've seen it and the heater is wrecked... It's black and cracked and full of fluff. I guess I just get another one and swap it...
Yep. Just get a new one and it's a direct swap over from there and that should sort it for you.